Information is key. You now are aware that you are an Empath. Now what? Have you thought about clearing the energies you obtain throughout the day from others? How about ways to protect yourself from these energies before you even accept them at all. How can one protect themselves from the harmful energies of others, without seeming like you don’t care about others. This article will help you, the Empath, with ways to cleanse, protect, keeping healthy and happy. Let’s begin…
We all take care of our outer bodies’ on a daily basis. We wash our outer bodies’, we put clean clothes on, and we see medical professionals in order to keep that part of us working in good order. As an Empath you have an extra body to take care of and that is your energy body. In order to keep your energy body health and happy, one must learn how to take care of our energy body on a daily basis. We will go over a few of these steps to help you along your journey.
- Drinking water is essential not only for the outer bodies’ health but also for the energy body. Keeping both hydrated will give your energy body what it needs to think clearly and for your outer body for what it needs for what you are doing throughout your day to stay healthy and happy. Invest in a water bottle that can go with you to the office, the soccer field, or even home to make it easier to have access to water. You can see my article on a fantastic water bottle that I do use for just this reason. Click here to see this great item. I NEED THIS WATER BOTTLE NOW.
- In order to keep your outer body healthy you must eat, while this is also the same for the energy body we don’t always think about what we are putting into our physical body. Fresh foods are always the best choices. Even if you eat out, healthy choices are more and more available to us if we make the effort to look. Processed foods are always another aspect of not eating healthy. If you can stay away from these unhealthy options it will offer your entire being more of what can protect it.
- Your outer and energy bodies’ are surrounded by your home or work location on a daily basis. If you make your home and office a place which supports and nourishes both of these it will be more pleasant and nurturing for both. If either area is in disarray or full of clutter, this feeling will be drawn into your energy body. Thus it is important to make your two most lived in areas clean, clear of clutter and orderly as much as possible. If you have children, then do the best that is possible without constricting the children’s learning and laughter. One suggestion is make a room or place in the home or office that is your personal sacred place. This way when you are feeling overwhelmed from the day or space; you can retreat and regroup in your sacred space.
- If you are an artistic type, you already know that there is much joy in knowing you are in that zen place. I am a zen painter. I honestly feel the energies racing through me when I am painting and in that special place. If you can get to that place or you do feel this way by doing something artistic; this is a great thing to add to your schedule just as you would anything else that gives you happiness. This is one way that can rid your energy body of the daily stresses or the energies received from others. Click here: WANT TO SEE MY ZEN PLACE?
- Sleeping. Well this is one that I have issues with. I am one on the other side of 50 and sleep does not come easily for us at this age. In saying this, sleep at a regular time and length is very important. This is important both your bodies’. Find ways that you can obtain a regular sleeping pattern just like you do your phone when you plug it in. You know that in a bit you will have a full battery to continue working with it; thus this is the same with your bodies’. Without recharging them, you will create more issues that you are aware of than just with the outer or physical body. Your energy body is just that energy and it needs to be recharged as well.
- Clothing…are you aware or feel it when you wear that special dress or outfit? Are you even aware of it? Take note for about a week, the different outfits you wear. Make a mental note of what ones are energizing and what ones make you feel anything but happy. Try to wear those happy clothes whenever possible or always. Purge your clothing that does not make you feel anything but good. This I have done and what a difference it can make.
- Breath…I know we all do this very naturally and without thought. But seriously, breathe consciously. Sit for a moment each day and just focus on your breathing. This could be as little as a five-minute break. (honestly – if you need to hide in the closet or restroom, it will be well worth the effort) Now, breathe and slow it down a bit from your normal pace. This will relax you and help to relieve the daily stresses you have felt throughout your day. This is a huge part of meditation; but if you are not into that, this is the best next thing to help you release and refocus what you want for the rest of your day rather than to just react to your day.
- Empaths are very sensitive to violence while watching movies, TV, or sporting events. This type of activities are stressful and as you know Empaths do draw energies in from the things around them. If the energy is violent it can really cause issues for the Empath and thus can change the emotions of the Empath without them realizing why. I would say that if you are this type of Empath – staying away from this sort of exposure is a good beginning.
- Colors can change the energies of an Empath. Find the colors that make you excited, happy, or just peaceful. Create your wardrobe with these colors. Color therapy is a great healing therapy. If you are interested in this – research on the internet for color therapy and I am sure you will be happy with all the information out there regarding this.
- Hanging out with friends and enjoying them is a great self care. Laughing has been said to be one of the best healing antidotes for everyone. Make sure to be with the people that make you feel happy and not bad about yourself. You should NEVER feel that you are less than anyone else. If you do get some new friends as the ones that make you feel bad – really are not your friends. You should protect yourself if you are one that receives or draws others energies to them before doing this. I am well aware that sometimes we can’t help but do this, even when we consciously try not to. We will be discussing this a little later in this article.
- I have left this one for last, due to it being obvious however probably the most hard for some to not partake in. Drugs and alcohol are the most destructive to your physical and energetic bodies’. No good comes from the short-term high one obtains from these items. Don’t get me wrong I am no saint, I do fall from time to time. But what you ultimately want to do is clear, balance and lift the energies within you not destroy them from the known toxins. IF nothing else, try to lessen the partaking of them a little at a time. I personally have done this and have found that once you do, it gets easier and easier; and you feel better physically and energetically.
Following link to part 2 of series: Empath Self Care – Clearing and Protecting 2
Love and Light
Empath Self-Care, Clearing and Protecting – Copyright © All Rights Reserved