Most of us are unaware of what exactly a spiritual awakening is or what it “supposed” to be. Where does one start? Is there a right or wrong way to begin? Spiritual awakening 101 will give you information to think about.
A spiritual awakening is difficult to pinpoint exactly as it is different for everyone. Each of us may have similarities in the awakening process, however how we experience those processes is up to us with our own interpretations and who we are at soul level. One of the most common denominators is love. The most common description of the awakening is that it is the expansion or shift in consciousness. We tend to be present in our body and mind rather than in our hearts. We live our lives within the ego-mindset; however, to become spiritually awakened one must lose the “I”, “Me”, “Mine” mindset. This article contains affiliate links.
Awakening Stages Simplified
There are many stages to awakening and they can be difference for everyone. Listed below are 10 stages (and not limited to) but that might resonate with you. I know they have for myself.
1. You may be unhappy as to where you are in life. You may feel that you are unsupported in some way by your family, friends, or people in general. Feeling as though there must be a better way to feel and that you want your power back.
2. You begin to see things in life and things around you in a whole new light. You are happier, content and aware of the freedoms you could have in your life. At the same time, you feel that things have not gone the way you would have wanted them to. You look at the past and feel that you are at fault for the way things have turned out thus far. You start challenging everything you know, knew or were told about.
3. Fear of the unknown. You feel as though you want it all and you get stronger. Suddenly, days creep in that make you second guess yourself and your strength. It’s a tug-a-war in the mind, that makes you feel these things. The “should I or shouldn’t I” conversation with yourself sets in about making the changes to better the experience starts.
4. Become someone who retreats from the outer work that was familiar to you. You are unsure how you will be perceived in the new beliefs you are regarding spiritually. Here is where you go within yourself for the answers to “who you really are” and who you want to be.
5. An understanding of the connection between you and the world around you. The universe and the understanding of your connection to it. Feelings of love and gratitude regarding the what and is of this present life. Synchronicity become more frequent and show up in unique ways. Your desire for learning of all things spiritual and metaphysical strengthens. Here is where the perception of reality start to change even more.
6. Growth and understanding of the connection to everything; animals, people, nature, the heavens and more. When in nature you feel a different connection than felt in the past. You understand that to become the authentic true self you were meant to be you must be aware of your thoughts, emotions, and how to treat others as it shapes the reality of who you are.
7. Your spiritual gifts start to show themselves to you. An understand of what the true purpose is and that you need to start walking that path. Your understanding of the “why and what” you were meant to do while here on Earth in this life. Praying becomes more frequent or make intentions known to the Universe.
8. You realize new ideas that inspire you and which start inspiring others. You see things start to unfold right in front of you and your destiny becomes much clearer. You are drawn to personal development courses, books and ideas. You receive abundance in all aspects of your life. Life may present more challenges to you, however at this time, you feel more able to handle these same types of things better emotionally and spiritually at this point.
9. You experience changes in your life that are transforming into what you want rather than just what happens to you. The understanding that your spirits guides are here to help and guide you. Your gifts become stronger as you become more aware of them and how they can be used in your development in order to help the collective. Emotions grow and are more vividly present.
10. You align your energies for the good of all, rather than just for the one; self. You radiate with love before all else. You comprehend the concept that life is too short, and you get the true joys of it all in a peaceful and loving manner.
Is there a wrong way to begin?
NO! Just start when your ready! Every way is the best if it is the way you chose it to be. The way and when you awake is always a choice. We all have free will and the choice is ours to awaken or not. The awakening process is personalized by you and the angels. It will happen in the right time and in the right way for you.
Reading books of whom have experienced the process.
Watch videos where you are comfortable doing so.
Join groups of like-minded people in order to be educated and obtain information.
Find a mentor willing to help you along your journey.
Meditate – “quiet the mind” day to day in order to hear the messages that are being sent to help you along this journey.
A spiritual awakening is a personal journey that, yes – others can help you along the path, but you are ultimately the one travelling. There’s not a right or wrong way to begin, go at your own pace, and just enjoy the ride. If you get stuck in the how to and when to; you might miss what is actually the whole reason for the journey. You determine what you believe and what you want this life to be. Always exist in love while keeping your heart open in order to create your divine life.
I encourage you to read all you can, watch all you can, and think all you can in this awakening state. What you think, what you say, and what you do all becomes your reality – chose with love and gratitude first and foremost. Don’t worry so much about the journey, but live it, and learn to experience every minute during this lifetime. Here are a few suggestions to get you started. The Book of Awakening, Awakening – A 40-day Guide, The Little Book of Awakening
We welcome comments so please feel free to leave something. If you prefer you can always email me from the About me page as well. Thank you for visiting.
Love and Light